That soft whimpering sound you hear is your bank account weeping. Whoever decided it would be funny to watch our bank accounts shrivel up and die on May 3 should be forced to enter the 76th Hunger Games. They say love don’t cost a thing but if you love books then it’s going to cost you big time on May 3, 2016 because it’s the day that EVERYTHING GOES ON SALE AND WE ALL GO BROKE.
I’m not kidding you right now.
THERE ARE 30 YOUNG ADULT BOOKS GOING ON SALE ON THE SAME DAY.
DOES MY WALLET COME WITH FREE REFILLS???? PLEASE SAY YES.
Let’s pretend you are one of those loyal book nerds who must own every copy of every book ever (hey, no one here is judging you for your lifestyle choices, we do it too), this is what May 3rd will mean: if the average price of a young adult hardcover is $17.99 (US) you are expected to drop $540 IN ONE DAY. adlskjfhalsdkaswk!udffhalsdkh OMFG I’M PANICKING.
30 Reasons You’re Going Broke on May 3rd:
- The Crown by Kiera Cass
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
- Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes
- Ruined by Amy Tintera
- The Society by Jodie Andrefski
- The Way Back to You by Mindi Scott, Michelle Andreani
- Suffer Love by Ashley Herring Blake
- Wandering Wild by Jessica Taylor
- Night Speed by Chris Howard
- Whisper to Me by Nick Lake
- Tone Deaf by Olivia Rivers
- Ask Me How I Got Here by Christine Heppermann
- The Square Root of Summer by Harriet Reuter Hapgood
- Shuffle, Repeat by Jen Klein
- Genius: The Game by Leopoldo Gout
- The Outliers by Kimberly McCreight
- A Totally Awkward Love Story by Lucy Ivison, Tom Ellen
- The Girl I Used to Be by April Henry
- The Blood Between Us by Zac Brewer
- Wild Swans by Jessica Spotswood
- A Walk in the Sun by Michelle Zink
- Lost in Love by Susane Colasanti
- Unforgivable by Amy Reed
- Anything You Want by Geoff Herbach
- Holding Smoke by Elle Cosimano
- If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo
- Traitor Angels by Anne Blankman
- Summer of Sloane by Erin L. Schneider
- True Born by L.E. Sterling
These are just the books we could find, chances are there are even more that we missed! 😩 💸
May 3 is approaching… bitch, better save yo money!