Hey there, book nerds! It’s finally summer, and with hot breezes and lazy days, the only thing better than lounging poolside with a good book is snuggling up inside right after and watching the book-to-screen adaptation! Whether it’s book to movie, book to TV, or some other media translation, books once again prove they are genius works of art because each time a story is produced in a different way, it becomes something new.
We love seeing different perspectives on a story (see: every retelling story ever), and Lisa and Mitch are back in Episode 04 of ‘Is This Real Life’ to talk all about their favorite YA book-to-screen adaptations and reveal their dream casting scenarios!
Lisa would like to make a disclaimer that she is terrible at pop culture and actor references after 2006, but she does love movies, really. It’s just that usually no one else knows what she’s talking about. She apologizes in advance.
OUR FAVORITE YA BOOK-TO-MOVIE ADAPTATIONS
IS THIS REAL LIFE, EPISODE 04
Find the books featured in this episode of ‘Is This Real Life?’!
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- Monster by Walter Dean Myers
- The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy
- To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
- Five Feet Apart by Rachel Lippincott with Mikki Daughtry and Tobias Iaconis
- The Sun Is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon
- The Miseducation of Cameron Post by emily m. danforth
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- Like A Love Story by Abdi Nazemian
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- Opposite of Always by Justin A. Reynolds
- Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
- A Very Large Expanse of Sea by Tahereh Mafi
- What If It’s Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera
What are some of YOUR favorite book-to-screen adaptations? Let us know in the comments!