Here at Epic Reads, you KNOW we appreciate a good love story…but we’re not going to lie that we have our preferences of course. We may have even broken out into debates of what type of romance we love the most! There are so many different kinds—more than friends, enemies to lovers, life-changing, will-they-won’t they, epic love, and the list goes on and on.
Since Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, we teamed up with Barnes & Noble to celebrate love stories and the different types of romances that we love reading the most of in YA. If you spot our picks on the Epic Reads display at Barnes & Noble, snap a pic and tag us! We love seeing you spot in the wild!
But back to the different types of romances. What’s your favorite type? Don’t tell us. Let us guess. Answer some questions below and we’ll do our best to figure it out.
Find books for each type!
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- This Is Kind of an Epic Love Story by Kheryn Callender
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
Enemies to Lovers
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
- Pride by Ibi Zoboi
- We Set the Dark on Fire by Tehlor Kay Mejia
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renée Ahdieh
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- A Very Large Expanse of Sea by Tahereh Mafi
- They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera
- The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
- Autoboyography by Christina Lauren
Will They, Won’t They
- Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi
- Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli
- What If It’s Us by Becky Albertalli & Adam Silvera
- Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy
Sooooo did we get it right? Tell us in the comments below!