We are assigning you this reading list, with no test at the end, only a changed worldview and lots of happy feelings.
Ahh, summer. The smell of freshly cut grass and sunscreen in your face and hair and chlorine and saltwater and excess heat and frozen drinks and adventures galore. At least, that’s what our dream summertime looks like. The actual thing might involve more mosquitoes and boredom than our fantasy, but dreaming about summer is half the fun!
Of course, summer is also the time we finally get to catch up on ALL THE BOOKS we’ve been wanting to read forever, but haven’t had the time because uh, workschoollife got in the way. But with this new season comes a chance to become a new person, at least for a little bit.
Watch Lisa and Mitch in Episode 03 of ‘Is This Real Life’ in which they talk all things summer, including road trips, self-discovery, and that elusive thing called summer love. They also play a fun creative writing exercise which, if you have a fave sentence, definitely let them know in the comments (not that they placed any bets).
Is This Real Life?
🌞 2019 Summer Reading YA Books 🌞
- Love From A To Z by S.K. Ali
- I Love You So Mochi by Sarah Kuhn
- Hello Girls by Brittany Cavallaro and Emily Henry
- The Rest of the Story by Sarah Dessen
- Mariam Sharma Hits the Road by Sheba Karim
- The Other Side of Lost by Jessi Kirby
- Unpregnant by Jenni Hendriks and Ted Caplan
- Girls of July by Alex Flinn
- Honey, Baby, Sweetheart by Deb Caletti
Do you have a favorite summer quote? A go-to summer (re)read? Do you have something to say to Mitch and Lisa? Let us know in the comments below!