‘Is This Real Life’ hosts Mitch and Lisa from Team Epic Reads are back in their fifth episode to talk #TBT YA books!
It’s crazy how the books you read when you were younger stay with you, even if you’ve forgotten some of the details. It’s like that Maya Angelou quote: you may not remember what people (or in this case, books) have said, or what they did, but you always remember how they made you feel. If we’re extra-super lucky, some of our faves even get turned into movies!
In this episode Mitch and Lisa talk about some of the first YA books they read that gave them all the feels, and stayed with them years later! Plus, there’s a bookish game of Never Have I Ever, which gets just a little personal …
Check out Episode 05 below!
#TBT YA Books
IS THIS REAL LIFE, EPISODE FIVE
Find the books featured in this episode:
- Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- Gossip Girl series by Cecily von Ziegesar
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- The Summer I Turned Pretty series by Jenny Han
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Anne Brashares
- Stay by Deb Caletti
- The Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot
What’s the first YA book you remember reading? Tell us in the comments!